Hallgrímskirkja (Church of Hallgrímur) – a Lutheran parish church in Reykjavík (Capital Region, Iceland), the largest (74,5 m high) church in the country, with a viewing deck. Designed by Guðjón Samúelsson in the expressionist style the church resembles Icelandic glaciers, mountais and basalt columns rocks. It took more than 40 years to complete construction (1945-1986). Inside: a large pipe organ (by Johannes Klais of Bonn). The name of the church – Church of Hallgrímur – is connected to Hallgrímur Pétursson, Icelandic poet and clergyman living in 17th century. In front of the church there is the statue of Leif Erikson, explorer (1930, by Alexander Stirling Calder) – a gift from US for the 1000th anniversary of Þingvellir parliament.