A landlocked country in Central Asia.
Tajikistan – interesting facts:
- Over 90 percent of Tajikistan is mountainous, and 50 percent is elevated more than 3000 m.
- Fedchenko Glacier in the Pamir Mountains is the longest (77 km) glacier outside the polar regions.
- There are more than 900 rivers and about 1450 lakes. The most popular lake is Iskanderkul (named after Aleksander the Great).
- Tajikistan is located in a seismically active zone.
- The Nurek Dam on the Vakhsh River in Tajikistan is the second tallest (300 m) human-made dam in the world.
- In the Tajik language: Dushanbe (the capital of Tajikistan) means “Monday”.
© Agata Ziz • All photos were taken by me • All rights reserved