Burundi – interesting facts:
- Burundi is a landlocked, the third most densely populated country in Africa.
- It has two capital cities: Gitega – the political capital and Bujumbura – the economic capital.
- Three stars on Burundi flag represent the three main ethnic groups (Tutsi, Hutu and Twa).
- Burundi is one of the oldest countries in Africa. Its borders were created by Burundian monarchy.
- Lake Tanganyika is the longest freshwater lake in world, the second-deepest and the second-largest by volume.
- Lake Tanganyika is home to Gustave, a man-eating crocodile.
- A cow is a symbol of happiness, health and prosperity.
- Drinking banana beer in groups from one container using straws is very popular across the country.
© Agata Ziz • All photos were taken by me • All rights reserved