A country in West Africa, on the Gulf of Guinea.
Togo – interesting facts:
- The name Togo means on the other side of the river in Ewe language.
- The country is diverse, with about 40 ethnic groups, the biggest one is Ewe (32 percent of the population).
- Lomé, the capital, is called Paris of West Africa and the pearl of West Africa.
- The national sport is football, and official drink – sodabi (made from palm wine).
- This region of Africa in 16th-18th century was known as “The Slave Coast”.
- The Koutammakou, the Land of the Batammariba is the only UNESCO site in Togo.
- Fazao-Malfakassa National Park is one of the most beautiful and diverse parks in Africa.
- The economy is based on phosphates and refined petroleum.
© Agata Ziz • All photos were taken by me • All rights reserved