A country in Southeast Europe.
Slovenia – interesting facts:
- It is one of the most eco-friendly and greenest countries in the world.
- Almost 54 per cent of the country is protected land, more that 61 per cent is covered in forest.
- Peaceful Slovenia is at 7. place (out of 163) at Peace Index.
- Slovenian love bees – every one in 20 is a beekeeper.
- They are one of the 10 tallest nations in the world.
- Slovenia is a country of vineyards. Slovenians are the sixth biggest consumers (per capita) of wine. In Maribor there is the world’s oldest vine that still produces grapes.
- There are four UNESCO World Heritage sites. One of them – Škocjan Caves – has one of the largest underground canyons on the planet.
- There are more than 10 thousand caves, the most popular one is Postojna Cave.
- Lake Bled is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world and the capital – Ljubljana – one of the smallest and most picturesque ones.
- The Solkan bridge it is the world’s longest stone arch railroad bridge (and second-longest stone arch bridge).
- Planica is the second largest ski jump in the world.
- Kranjska Gora is the cheapest ski resort in Europe.
© Agata Ziz • All photos were taken by me • All rights reserved