May 3, 2022
November 4, 2021
Global Village, Dubai
- Global Village – other posts
© Agata Ziz • All photos were taken by me • All rights reserved
The Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC) was founded on 25th May 1981, as regional institution, consisting of six member states: United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Bahrain, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar and State of Kuwait.
March 11, 2022
The pavilion will highlight the GCC’s achievements and unity by creating an experience that showcases the links between its member states, including their shared history, religion, and culture.
In the GCC Pavilion:
- Showcasing unity and identity. Through the creation of an abstract design and the weaving of collective structures into the pavilion experience, the GCC’s identity will be showcased in a way that resonates in every visitor’s heart and mind.
- A specially designed landscape. Visitors will enter a landscaped area, with water in its centre and a monolithic cube structure featuring a textured design. Six different groups of threads, representing each of the GCC’s six member states, will create beautiful shadows across the landscape.
- A central surface of water. A path around the pavilion’s central water surface will lead visitors into the exhibition area.
- The knot pendulum. A thousand golden threads will come together in the centre of the pavilion, woven into a giant pendulum – a symbol that reflects one Gulf.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Gulf Cooperation Council Pavilion
Architect: Concept Architect