Emergence, prosperity, opportunity. Pavilion of Senegal at EXPO 2020 in Dubai, UAE.
A country in motion, a land of opportunity. In Senegal, ‘Teraanga’ means generosity of spirit and sharing. In this spectacular space, we share the strides in infrastructure, resource management, agriculture and tourism that Senegal is making.
January 11, 2022
In the Senegal Pavilion:
- Emergence, prosperity, opportunity.
- Discover Senegal’s major projects in the development of mobility, people, goods, services and data.
- See the huge infrastructure developments; the national airline, railway system, and Dakar port.
- Embrace the Teraanga spirit and witness the special exhibit of ‘building the Senegal of our dreams’.
Senegal – interesting facts:
- In Senegal there are seven World Heritage Sites: Goree Island, Saloum Delta, Bassari Country, Saint-Louis Island, the Stone Circles of Senegambia, Djoudj National Bird Sanctuary and Niokolo-Koba National Park.
- Dakar, the capital of Senegal, was the finish line for the toughest race on Earth: Paris-Dakar Rally (now: Dakar Rally, 2022 edition took place in Saudi Arabia).
- The city is the most western point of continental Africa.
- Over 30 percent of Senegal population lives in the capital.
- In Dakar, there is the Africa’s tallest statue – the 49-metre African Renaissance Monument.
- Soccer is the national sport of Senegal, but the most popular one is wrestling (laamb).
- It is one of the best places to go surfing. It’s a filming location for the “The Endless Summer” movie.
- The national symbol of Senegal are lions, however that’s the goats and sheeps you can meet everywhere in the country.
- The other national symbol is the baobab tree and the juice from its fruit (bouye) – together with the bissap juice – are the national drinks.
- Peanuts and fish are the biggest exports from Senegal.
- Fadiouth is an island made of seashells.
- Lac Rose is a pink lake.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Senegal Pavilion
∇ Location: view on Google Maps (Mobility District)
Around the world in 182 days | EXPO monochrome | All posts about EXPO 2020 Dubai
UAE on 40thousandkm.com | Dubai on 40thousandkm.com | EXPO 2020 Dubai on 40thousandkm.com | Senegal on 40thousandkm.com
© Agata Ziz • All photos were taken by me • All rights reserved