Aqua Roots of Hungary. Where the water is, there are roots. Where the roots are, there is life.
Quick facts – Hungary:
- Budapest. The capital and most populous city, where tradition, history and modern thinking go hand in hand.
- Land of waters. Hungary has more thermal water springs than any other country in Europe.
- Ancient wine country. The oldest demarcated official wine region in the world is not Provance, but Tokaj in Hungary.
In the Hungary Pavilion:
- A unique building with timbre structure – a real rarity in the UAE.
- One of a kind architecture. Discover the pavilion’s double-shelled timber structure, which is absolutely unique in the UAE. The building is part of the famous Hungarian architect, Imre Makovecz’s heritage. It was built using dry technology, where the need for water was significantly reduced.
- Aqua Roots of Hungary. Hungary is also known as the Land of Waters – home to more than 1,300 thermal springs. Experience the interactive exhibition showcasing Hungary’s unique water resources, curative waters, bathing culture and balneology.
- An extraordinary interactive experience on the theme of water without using water itself.
- Dome experience. Enjoy an immersive water experience in the Dome and take part in a unique supernatural 360 degree audio-visual performance.
- Taste Hungary’s culinary palate and its rightfully famous mineral waters.
- Gastro roots of Hungary. Experience the famous Hungarian hospitality and sample our culinary palate, taste the various types of our rightfully famous mineral water and even become acquainted with our country’s select handicraft products.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Hungary Pavilion
Architect: Imre Makovecz Foundation