- Palazzo Reale di Napoli / Royal Palace of Naples,
- Galleria Umberto I – a shopping centre with restaurants,
- Teatro di San Carlo / San Carlo Theatre – the oldest opera house in Italy,
- Castel Nuovo (New Castle) / Maschio Angioino (Angevin Keep) – from 13th century, here Pope Celestine V resigned as pope in 1294,
- Castel dell’Ovo (Egg Castle) and Borgo Marinari.
Palazzo Reale di Napoli, Piazza del Plebiscito, 1, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
Galleria Umberto I, Via San Carlo, 15, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
Teatro di San Carlo, Via San Carlo, 98, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
Castel Nuovo, Via Vittorio Emanuele III, 80133 Napoli NA, Italy
Castel dell’Ovo, Via Eldorado, 3, 80132 Napoli NA, Italy
Vomero – a is district of Naples (Campania, Italy), located on a hill, with three funiculars. The name comes from the Italian vomere – the blade of a plough, and it is connected to its former main agricultural function. Vomero used to be called the Broccoli Hill.
Sights / Things to do in Vomero:
- Castel Sant’Elmo – medieval fortress from 14th century, now: museum of the 20th century,
- Certosa di San Martino – former monastery complex, located at the highest point (251 m), today: National Museum of San Martino, with the biggest in the world collecion of presepi (nativity scenes),
- Villa Floridiana – with Duca di Martina National Museum of Ceramics,
- many churches,
- beautiful views to Naples, Vesuvius and Gulf of Naples.
Vomero, Naples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Castel Sant’Elmo, Via Tito Angelini, 20/A, 80129 Napoli NA, Italy
Certosa e Museo di San Martino, Largo S. Martino, 5, 80129 Napoli NA, Italy
Duca di Martina National Ceramic Museum at Villa Floridiana, Via Domenico Cimarosa, 77, 80127 Napoli NA, Italy