A few facts:
- Al Jazirah Al Hamra (The Red Island) was originally a tidal island (hence the name).
- In the early 19th century there were around 200 inhabitants (most of them pearl fishers), in the second half of 20. century: 2500.
- At the beginning of 20th century it became the part of Ras Al Khaimah.
- In 1968 – as a result of a dispute – most of the people moved to Abu Dhabi (and hence abandoned village).
- Renovated Al Jazirah al Hamra Fort (and surrounding villas) hosts today the Heritage Village – a spot for art events and workshops.
- Some scenes of 6 Underground movie had been shot in Al Jazirah Al Hamra.