An ancient and stable civilisation, a welcoming nation. The pavilion will showcase Iran’s economy, social development and culture. It will highlight peaceful coexistence and showcase Iran’s ancient civilisation and traditions, its rituals and its people.
Quick facts – Iran:
- Persian literature. Described as one of the greatest, Persian literature includes famous poets such as Rumi and Omar Khayyam, who have influenced literature worldwide.
- Weather from all four seasons. Iran is one of the few countries in the world where visitors can experience all four seasons in a part of the country all year long.
- Tourist attractions. Isfahan is famous for its architecture, palaces and mosques. Its fame led to the proverb “Esfahānnesf-e- jahānast”: Isfahan is half (of) the world.
- The Naqsh-e Jahan Square in Isfahan is one of the largest city squares in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Iran is home to one of the world’s oldest civilisations, with historical and urban settlements dating back to 7000 BC.
- Iran was home to some of the most significant physicians, astronomers, thinkers and writers of the Islamic Golden Age, like Muhammad ibn Zakariya al-Razi, a polymath, physician, alchemist and philosopher.
In the Iran Pavilion:
- Enjoy the fresh, cooling air of the water-filled runnels that run down the walkways.
- Water-filled runnels that run down the walkways. Inspired by Iranian Civil Architecture, these very small streams will be used for cooling the outdoor space of the pavilion.
- Hundreds of balls made of fired clay that are hanging from the pavilion’s walls.
- Hundreds of balls made of fired clay. Fired clays are amongst the building materials used in the warm and dry regions of Iran. These clay balls are one of the visual attractions of the pavilion.
- Try weaving a hand-woven Persian carpet and delight in the unique experience.
- Persian carpet hand weaving. Enjoy the great, sweet experience of weaving a Persian carpet with the help of a master weaver. Every carpet knot can develop a deep mutual affection and friendship between people of the world.
- Delicious traditional herbal teas and syrups. Taste delicious, refreshing Iranian traditional herbal teas and syrups that have various health benefits in the pavilion’s Syrup House.
- Weather from all four seasons. Experience the four seasons all at the same time when you step into the pavilion.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Iran Pavilion
Architect: Shift Process Practice