March 6, 2022
France, Lightspeed Inspiration. Explore light as a source of inspiration, knowledge and creativity. The France Pavilion seeks to rethink progress, create emotions and connections, and unleash new ideas to reinvent our world.
Quick facts – France:
- The Eiffel Tower. This iconic landmark was built as the entrance to the 1889 Paris World Expo.
In the France Pavilion:
- 21 metres tall. The France Pavilion stands at 21 metres and will provide a panoramic view of the Expo site
- 2,500m² of PV tiles. Photovoltaic solar tiles are installed on France Pavilion’s façade and roof.
- Be dazzled by daily light shows.
- Experience a cultural and artistic immersive journey.
- Savour France’s exceptional gastronomy.
- Celebrate France National Day on 2 October 2021. Be there to celebrate our special day with us, with optimism, boldness and innovation.
- Reinvent together our world. Be inspired by new ideas, innovations and actions for building a post-health crisis world.
- Treat yourself to some unique French creations. The France boutique will have a wide range of expertly crafted iconic items from French brands and creators.
- Temporary exhibitions, e.g. Jean Paul Gaultier designs.
- The France Pavilion’s Ambassadors are Jessica Préalpato and Thomas Pesquet! Jessica Préalpato is the ‘2019 World’s Best Pastry Chef’ and is currently concocting a gourmet surprise for the France Pavilion! Thomas Pesquet is a French astronaut from the European Space Agency (ESA). He will say hi to us from space during Expo 2020, as he will be on his Alpha Mission.
Expo 2020 Dubai | France Pavilion
EXPO 2020 Dubai – France Pavilion