Experience the wonderful potential of future mobility. Pavilion of Korea at EXPO 2020 in Dubai, UAE.
Smart Korea, moving the world to you. Take a glimpse into the wonderful future of mobility. Experience the future of cities on a mobile-guided trail through the ramps that make up the dynamic architecture of the pavilion.
Quick facts – Korea:
Traditional Korean houses have a ‘Madang’, which is an open space used for social gatherings and family interactions. This concept has been used in the Korean Pavilion in the form of a central space that hosts cultural performances, events and K-pop concerts. This spaces creates a sense of communal harmony among the visitors and performers alike.
In the Korea Pavilion:
- A dynamic façade that constantly changes through the course of day. 1597 Spin Cubes. A total of 1597 digital+analogue cubes make up the dynamic façade.
- An interactive experience sharing across real and virtual environments.
- A kinetic installation that interacts with its audience and surroundings.
- Experience the future of mobility through AR. Enjoy the amalgamation of reality and future technologies on a mobile-guided AR tour through the four ramps.
- Cantilever ramps. Four cantilever ramps in the façade offer the best views of the Expo site.
- Go on a journey of wonder. Take a journey through the various wonders of Korea from the comfort of your seat in the vertical cinema.
- Vertical cinema. Experience a larger than life mobile screen in the vertical cinema.
- Experience Korean culture and K-pop. Enjoy Korean cultural performances and K-pop dance covers by talented performers every hour in the madang.
Expo 2020 Dubai | Korea Pavilion
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Republic of Korea Pavilion
Architect: Mooyuki Architects
∇ Location: view on Google Maps (Mobility District)
Around the world in 182 days | EXPO monochrome | Eat at EXPO | All posts about EXPO 2020 Dubai
UAE on 40thousandkm.com | Dubai on 40thousandkm.com | EXPO 2020 Dubai on 40thousandkm.com | South Korea on 40thousandkm.com