Investment Corporation of Dubai is the principal investment arm of the Government of Dubai. Established in 2006, ICD manages a broad portfolio of assets, both locally and internationally, across a wide spectrum of sectors that supports Dubai’s dynamic economy. ICD’s Group’s total assets are in excess of AED one trillion. 66 Investee companies. Operating in 85 countries.
In the ICD Pavilion:
- Follow the Light. A see-through structure made from organic bamboo allows the passage of light and movement and invites visitors to enter through an audio-visual waterfall. A combination of natural materials creating a welcoming and calming sense of space.
- To find the shade. Beyond the enchanting waterfall, visitors are engulfed in a world of tall hedges and a welcome, sheltering shade.
- Relax in nature. Halfway through the journey of discovery and exploration, visitors encounter a modular villa, an outdoor Majlis and a coffee kiosk with seating areas where they can relax and unwind.
- From day to night. Luminescent pebbles emanate light at sunset to lead the way along the journey. After dark, the scene turns into a glowing river marking every step of the visitor’s experience.
- Meet ICD portfolio companies. Venture on an exciting journey to explore some of the ICD portfolio companies, namely Kerzner, DMCC, Emirates Global Aluminum, Dubal Holding, LINQ by ALEC, Emaratech and Dubai Global Connect.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Investment Corporation of Dubai Pavilion
Architect: ALEC FIT OUT