India@75: Openness. Opportunities. Growth. Pavilion of India at EXPO 2020 in Dubai, UAE.
15 August: Happy India Independence Day!
February 28, 2022
A sustainable future for the planet. India’s massive 4-floor pavilion promises to captivate one and all with a brilliant mix of Ayurveda, Yoga, Space programme, and its fast-growing US$ 2.5 trillion economy.
Quick facts – India:
- India’s Land Area: 3.287 million sqkm. 36 states and union territories, with the largest number of elected representatives in the world.
- Amongst the fastest growing economies. India is one of the world’s fastest-growing large economies, GDP growth touched 20.1% in Q1-FY22.
- Proponent of sustainable growth. Leading in greening the economy, we are on track to meet the goals of the Paris agreement ahead of schedule.
In the India Pavilion:
- A 360-degree digital recreation of India’s past, present and its future.
- A dynamic showcase. Showcasing India’s art, culture, literature, cinema and cuisine from across 36 states and union territories. Discover Indian businesses across 27 verticals of the economy, India’s states and the world’s third-largest start-up ecosystem. Over 150 mega cultural and business events and 26 multilateral summits will be hosted over the course of 182 days.
- Make the most of India’s growth story. India’s growth and its huge market add hope and promise to the world economy. Its open business environment, an abundance of young talent, strengths across verticals and vast resources make it an ideal business partner.
- A display of the vast opportunities represented by its 1.3 billion people.
- A showcase of India’s diversity. India is home to 1.3 billion people from over 700+ tribes and communities conversing with each other in 19,000 languages and dialects. It has an eclectic blend of religions and spiritual streams that travel far back in time and all over the world. Witness the unique tapestry of art and culture of one of the world’s oldest civilizations.
- 600+ rotating screens on the façade. The dynamic façade will narrate the 75-year old journey of the world’s largest democracy. Every week, the Pavilion’s façade will turn into a screen where three selected stories of the ‘constant change’ and ‘timeless endurance’ of what is quintessential India would be beamed.
- Film shows, conferences, cuisines and daily cultural performances.
- Enjoy cultural programmes, movies and great food. Showcasing over 100 movies from the world’s largest movie industry. The Pavilion will also be a vibrant cultural hub with hundreds of performances. It will serve food and drinks from across India’s states and union territories.
- You’ll be welcomed to a 8,750 sqm state-of-the-art pavilion with a mesmerizing all-digital experience, dynamic content curation with on-demand touch screen menus, 3-D augmented reality projection systems across floors, walk-in experience kiosks and VR pods, and mirror finished floors with LED surround projection. There’s also conferences, a movie hall and cultural programmes in the amphitheatre, plus retail space to buy Indian curios and restaurants to enjoy Indian cuisine.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – India Pavilion
Architect: CP Kukreja Architects
∇ Location: view on Google Maps (Al Forsan District)
Ξ EXPO 2020 Dubai India webpage
Around the world in 182 days | EXPO monochrome | Eat at EXPO | All posts about EXPO 2020 Dubai
UAE on 40thousandkm.com | Dubai on 40thousandkm.com | EXPO 2020 Dubai on 40thousandkm.com | India on 40thousandkm.com
2 thoughts on “Around the world in 182 days: India”
Good post . As today India celebrates 75 th independence day and moving stronger in the global map. Appreciate the right timing of the post.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you for this beautiful post! Happy Independence Day!
LikeLiked by 1 person