A tribute to indigenous tradition and a future of innovation. Be inspired by Sona geometry, an ancient art of sand drawings that was used to transfer knowledge for generations. Revisit traditional wisdom in innovative ways to rethink local and global problems.
In the Angola Pavilion:
- Reintroducing the disappearing art of storytelling.
- Unique landscaping using Angola flora and artists installations.
- A meeting and connecting space with interactive elements and avant-garde museography.
- Gastronomy. Share an exclusive Afro-fusion cuisine experience, with culture, storytelling and travel at the core of our inspiration.
- Angola stage and art gallery. Experience music and dance, showcasing the best traditional and contemporary artists, fashion, as well as exhibitions from a variety of contemporary artists.
- Kitanda shop. Get your hands on a diverse set of sustainable fair trade products made by particular communities.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Angola Pavilion
Architect: Nascimento, Toso, Acuto