Preserving natural treasures for future generations. The Namibian Pavilion aims to showcase the country’s potential to generate sufficient and sustainable energy for both local consumption and export.
February 20, 2022
Namibia – Quick facts:
- Landscape. Namibia is home to the world’s oldest desert and Africa’s largest canyon.
- Wildlife. It has the largest cheetah and black rhino populations in the world.
- Geology. The world’s largest meteorite was discovered in Namibia.
- Conservation. It was the first country in Africa to incorporate environmental conservation into its constitution, with half of its land protected.
In the Namibia Pavilion:
- Find out how Namibia has become one of Africa’s prime tourism destinations.Contrasting beauty, diverse culture and opportunities. Namibia is a destination offering vast open spaces, abundant and diverse biodiversity and wildlife, rich cultural diversities and valuable traditional knowledge. It is an incredible tourist destination that offers a little bit of something for everyone.
- The Baobab interactive tree. The Namibian Pavilion will showcase an interactive Baobab tree to attract and engage a young audience by sharing relevant information about Namibia’s culture, history and opportunities.
- Visual safari experience. As they journey through the Namibia Pavilion, visitors will be able to virtually experience a wildlife safari in Etosha National Park.
- Meet the friendly and diverse faces of Namibia.
- Explore how Namibia is taking the lead in key industries like the blue economy and agriculture.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Republic of Namibia Pavilion