Intelligence for life. The Spain Pavilion aims to become an example of intelligent creativity, capable of uniting people around sustainable projects in the fields of science, technology, production, education and art.
Quick facts – Spain:
- Leader in organ donation for 28 years. In 2019, Spain retained its leadership for the 28th year, accounting for 6% of all worldwide donations.
- A beautiful, diverse country. 48 UNESCO World Heritage Sites scattered around different regions, placing us at #3 in the world.
- 4.000+ Spanish words have Arabic origin. The cultural ties that unite Spain with the Arab world are reflected in the Spanish vocabulary.
In the Spain Pavilion:
- Iconic architecture that tempers high temperatures and highlights Spain’s links with the Arab world.
- An art installation leads to the theatre, where a fantastic story of collaboration is displayed.
- Dynamo by Daniel Canogar, Francisco Lopez.
- An immersive exhibition gallery related to the goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- A country to live in. The Spain Pavilion will demonstrate the values and personality of the Spanish people – solidarity, creativity, innovation – along with what makes Spain attractive for tourists and investors, and the country’s commitment to the theme of Expo 2020 Dubai.
- Chess to celebrate ‘Intelligence for Life’. Spain’s World School Chess Tournament unites kids from 293 schools and 53 countries to play chess; the best 12 teams will compete in the final in Dubai. Chess is an educational tool that represents the Expo’s theme of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’.
- Engage with sustainability, engage with the future
Our actions will determine our future in ways we must comprehend. That’s the goal of the interactive exhibition, ‘Forest of the Intelligence’.
- Innovation for a more balanced future. Every corner of the Spain Pavilion, from the materials used on its iconic facade to the furniture, and the motto of its different activities, is designed to promote a discussion around the future we want to live in and our ability to influence it.
- Tapas and more. Spain’s gastronomy is one you shouldn’t miss. Taste some of our finest dishes and foods; a culinary experience unparalleled in the world.
- The Spain Pavilion aims to be an example of intelligent creativity, capable of uniting people around projects in the fields of science, technology, education and art. Spain is a country that takes care of its heritage, as the worldwide leader in number of UNESCO biosphere reserves, with 52. We are also a country that looks to the future.
EXPO 2020 Dubai | Spain Pavilion
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Spain Pavilion