New nature: a delicate balance between nature and technology. Connect with and understand the cultural and scientific history of Romania’s relationship with nature, and the overall interrelations between the environment, resources, people and communities.
Quick facts – Romania:
Romania’s Danube Delta is the second largest and best preserved in Europe. Formed over more than 10,000 years, it is the final destination for around 67 million tons of alluvia and sediment – the bulk of ten Great Pyramids – washed from the Alps and deposited every year. The Danube river flows for 1,788 miles from its springs in Germany to the Black Sea. Just before reaching the sea, it forms the Danube Delta – 2,200 square miles of rivers, canals, marshes, tree-fringed lakes and reed islands.
In the Romania Pavilion:
- New nature ambassadors: see the works of Romanian artists and scientific research personalities.
- Tradition reloaded: connect visually and emotionally with Romanian craftworkers as they create art.
- Water bar ‘H2RO’: taste a selection of mineral waters from Romania’s springs.
- Spotlight national area. Discover three main themes: Romania’s waters, the natural landscape and virtual eco tours.
- The connected minds area – the Cloud. The artistic installation ‘Connected Minds – Connected Clouds’ symbolises the recovery and harnessing of Romania’s cultural, artistic and scientific heritage. Enjoy a series of cultural projects with a focus on nature and heritage, actions and projects to recover craft and building knowledge, new environmental and economic relationship management technologies, projects of object design, fashion and art.
- The Stage. Be regaled by a series of artistic performances around the theme of ‘New nature’ or pure water and also see interactive artistic installations.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Romania Pavilion
Architect: Cumulus Architecture