The power of diversity: Suriname an oasis of opportunity! Where people and nature co-exist in harmony. Find out about ‘Moksie Patu’, which means ‘everything in one’. Take a journey from city to mountains, and explore unique sounds, music and poetry.
In the Suriname Pavilion:
- Walk through the shimmering waterfall. The main transportation method from the north of the country to the south is via water, which will be highlighted by transforming one of the zones and creating the feeling of travelling through a body of water, into a waterfall.
- Explore the dark jungle. Take a night walk through the jungle and listen to the sounds of indigenous animals. The five senses are touched upon, with the aid of special effects, and multicoloured string curtains.
- Discover diverse environments. Certain moments in the pavilion emit a sense of privacy and intimacy, as each visitor embarks on their own adventurous journey through the varied landscape of Suriname, either listening to sounds of the city or nature.
Suriname – Quick facts:
- 93% Green. Suriname is one of eight countries on the planet with high forest cover.
- Small but mighty. Suriname is the smallest country in Latin America, with incredible ambitions.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Suriname Pavilion