Warm Bahamian hospitality and a deep-rooted culture. Pavilion of Bahamas at EXPO 2020 in Dubai, UAE.
Preserving paradise. Immerse yourself in The Bahamas’ rich cultural history, explore its sustainability-driven future and experience nature’s playground with all its mystery, ferocity and beauty.
Quick facts – Bahamas:
- Not just one island. The Bahamas is an archipelago made up of over 700 islands, with people on about 30 of the islands.
- Only 63m above sea level. The Bahamas are low lying islands with spectacular coral reefs for scuba diving and snorkeling.
- A beer called ‘Kalik’. The Bahamas’ local brand of beer is named after the sound cowbells make in Bahamian Junkanoo music.
- Symbolisms of our national flag. Vigour, force, enterprising determination of a united people to develop the resources of sun and sea.
- Our pavilion exterior features images of Junkanoo, named after the West African John Canoe Festival, which originated in The Bahamas around the 17th century as a masquerade. Today, as a cultural expression, Junkanoo is highly revered and is an essential experience for locals and visitors alike. Our pavilion captures the excitement and vibrancy of our island nation, its culture, heritage and history and the sound of the music of Junkanoo.
In the Bahamas Pavilion:
- Tropical fantasy. The hurricane belt. At home in paradise.
- Authentic Bahamian art and design. Paintings, sculptures, ceramics and custom pieces capture the essence of our diverse heritage.
- Discover the history and culture of the Islands. There are more than 100,000 square miles of islands in The Bahamas. The island nation has an exciting history – stories of discovery, pirates, rumrunners and post-colonial prosperity.
- Discover our fight for a sustainable future. Building resilience to the impacts of climate change is of the highest priority. Implementing solar energy, protecting our mangroves and coastlines, and water management.
- Unique retail experience. A retail area is available where buyers can find gifts that are exclusive to The Bahamas and cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
- B2B opportunities. Our business area is on the second floor. Take advantage of the opportunities for business and investment in The Bahamas.
EXPO 2020 Dubai | Bahamas Pavilion
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Bahamas Pavilion
Architect: Michael Diggiss & Associates
∇ Location: view on Google Maps (Sustainability District)
Ξ EXPO 2020 Dubai Bahamas webpage
Around the world in 182 days | EXPO monochrome | Eat at EXPO | All posts about EXPO 2020 Dubai
UAE on 40thousandkm.com | Dubai on 40thousandkm.com | EXPO 2020 Dubai on 40thousandkm.com | Bahamas on 40thousandkm.com