The riddim that moves and connects the world. A spontaneous street party in the midst of shipping containers from across the world. Experience the sights, sounds and tastes of Jamaica, how we move the world and serve as a logistical connection.
Quick facts – Jamaica:
- 10,991 sqkm. Despite our size, Jamaica is home to the 7th largest natural harbour in the world, and one of the highest mountain ranges in the Caribbean.
- Telephone Service in 1878. Only 7 years after the invention of the telephone, Jamaica installed its first telephone in Kingston.
- Piped Water Supply in 1799. Jamaica was one of the first places in the Western Hemisphere to develop a piped water supply system in 1799.
- Jamaicans are known for their ingenuity, which other tropical country would seek to make a name for itself in a winter Olympic sport? That’s right, Jamaica has fielded teams in Bobsleigh, and the movie Cool Runnings is based on this fun fact!
In the Jamaica Pavilion:
- An introduction to our extraordinary Blue Mountain Coffee, the most expensive coffee in the world.
- The Music Studio spotlights some of our most iconic musicians, artists and producers.
- Artwork in the shipping containers inspired by Jamaica’s annual International Reggae Poster Contest.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Jamaica Pavilion