Austria makes sense. Walk through spectacular spatial sequences and liven up your senses as you discover how East meets West, how tradition brings nations closer, and how technology creates future opportunities.
Quick facts – Austria:
- Land area. The UAE and Austria are approximately the same size in terms of population and area.
- 1873 Expo. The fifth world exhibition and the first in the German-speaking world took place in Vienna.
In the Austria Pavilion:
- A journey for all senses.
- Experience Austria with all senses. The exhibition inside the Austria Pavilion takes visitors on an inspiring journey through spectacular spatial sequences, bringing together sensory and digital experiences in a harmonious structure.
- Opportunities for sustainable buildings of tomorrow. 38 shiny white cones form the pavilion ensemble. The sophisticated architectural concept turns the simple shape of a cone into a complex, merging space.
- Ventilation cooling concept inspired by Arab building tradition. Following the model of wind towers from local building tradition, the cones of different heights cause air to constantly move, providing temperature balance.
- Ingenious initiatives and inspiring solutions.
- iLab: A showcase for advanced solutions and a better tomorrow. Creative, resourceful initiatives and inspiring solutions from Austria in a dedicated exhibition-area. As a best-of-selection, this iLab will present a wide variety of topics.
- Austrian delicacies at the Vienna coffeehouse.
- Vienna coffeehouse. Enjoy Austrian coffeehouse tradition and learn why the United Nations lists the institution as an ‘intangible cultural heritage’.
EXPO 2020 Dubai | Austria Pavilion
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Austria Pavilion