Reflections. The pavilion reflects Switzerland and its diversity – from magnificent landscapes to innovative projects and ideas for a sustainable future.
Quick facts – Switzerland:
- Science. Switzerland is a nation of scientists, and 23 of them have won a Nobel Prize in natural science and medicine.
- Recycling. 0% of Switzerland’s municipality waste is stored in landfill. 52% is recycled and 48% is converted into energy in incinerators.
- Chocolate. The Swiss are chocolate lovers. In Switzerland, about 10.3kg of chocolate is eaten per person, per year.
- Switzerland is not only among the favourite backdrops of many filmmakers, with its 48 Alpine Peaks and 65,500 km of watercourses, it is also home to global talents and ranks consistently among the world’s most innovative countries.
In the Switzerland Pavilion:
- The Swiss pavilion ‘Reflections’. Inspired by Bedouin tents, the Swiss pavilion ‘Reflections’ presents its iconic cubic architecture, a giant interactive mirrored façade, and rolls out the red carpet for the world to enter the Swiss crystal cave.
- Hike through a sea of fog or travel on a magic carpet to feel the thrill of Switzerland‘s panorama.
- Feel the thrill of Swiss nature and opportunities. Go on a hike through a sea of fog or travel on a magic carpet to feel the thrill of excitement as Switzerland‘s breathtaking nature comes into view. Here, enjoy magnificent landscapes and discover the surprising opportunities offered by Switzerland.
- Immerse yourself in Switzerland’s reflections for a sustainable future and engage in discussions.
- Reflect on present and future challenges. Dive into urban and creative Switzerland and discover unique opportunities for innovation and entrepreneurship. Think outside the box and reflect on present and future challenges throughout temporary exhibitions and talks hosted at the pavilion.
- Experience the sweet side and enjoy the pavilion’s rooftop terrace or relax at the ground floor café.
- The sweet side of Switzerland. Experience Switzerland from its sweet side and taste Swiss chocolate specialties at the pavilion café, or enjoy refreshing drinks and snacks on the rooftop terrace.
- Enjoy one of the best views of Expo. Enjoy one of the best views of Expo 2020 with a refreshing drink on the rooftop terrace of the Swiss Pavilion.
EXPO 2020 Dubai | Switzerland Pavilion
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Switzerland Pavilion