A window showcasing a rich civilisation. Pavilion of Syria at EXPO 2020 in Dubai, UAE.
An ambitious nation capable of building a better future. Discover a rich civilisation that contributed major achievements to the development of human history and see how our pioneering nature will help fuel our bright future.
Quick facts Syria:
- Capital. Damascus is the oldest inhabited capital in the world since 1100 BC.
- Alphabet of Ugarit. The World’s first Alphabet was developed in Ugarit on the Syrian coast circa 1400 BC.
- Neolithic centre. Archaeological sites record the transition from hunting-gathering to agriculture circa 14,000 BC.
Over 1,500 Syrians from all around the world came together to make the Syria Pavilion. As part of the pavilion tour, you can see around you tablets not too different from the ones found in ancient Syrian kingdoms. However, these tablets show the present and the future which we hope for and work towards. Each tablet is a message made by one of us Syrians, communicating our memories, wishes, creativity, achievements, longing and hope; a lot of what we want to share with the world.
In the Syria Pavilion:
- Join to perform the ‘Hymn to Nikkal’, the oldest musical notation known to mankind.
- Learn about the development of early writing systems and the first alphabet.
- Experience an interactive art installation inspired by the relationship between humans and nature.
- I am Syrian. This collective art exhibition by Syrian artists is an attempt to rethink and reformulate our conception of the individual and human identity away from narrow biases and affiliations. All the paintings are signed with ‘I am Syrian’ to convey the message that what unites us is much more than what divides us.
- Messages to the future. Over 1,500 Syrians came together to build the Syria Pavilion. Come see what they have to say and witness highlights of the rich Syrian culture manifesting in this embracing space that represents all of us together.
- Let us work together. We invite you to meet the people and organisations that are shaping the future of modern Syria. Book a meeting with established companies, promising entrepreneurs, government institutions and nongovernmental organisations to learn about the economic opportunities offered by Syria.
- YADAWI Designers Boutique. Syria is home to a world-renowned long tradition of arts and crafts. Our Designers Boutique brings you some of the best contemporary Syrian designers and craftspeople to showcase their creations.
Expo 2020 Dubai | Syria Pavilion
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Syria Pavilion
Architect: XYZ Desgners
∇ Location: view on Google Maps (Mobility District)
Around the world in 182 days | EXPO monochrome | Eat at EXPO | All posts about EXPO 2020 Dubai
UAE on 40thousandkm.com | Dubai on 40thousandkm.com | EXPO 2020 Dubai on 40thousandkm.com | Syria on 40thousandkm.com
One thought on “Around the world in 182 days: Syria”
very nice! Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person