The best of both worlds: energy meets culture and nature. Experience cultural diversity as you interact with everything from performing and visual arts, crafts, fashion, cuisine and other aspects of our culture. Enjoy immersive virtual reality experiences.
Quick facts – Trinidad and Tobago
- Location. Between North and South America, the Southernmost islands in the Caribbean.
- Economy. 3rd highest GDP per capita in the Americas and 2nd largest exporter of methanol and ammonia.
- World-renowned Pitch Lake. Largest commercial deposit of natural asphalt, covering approximately 100 acres.
- UNESCO World Heritage Site. Our rainforest is the oldest protected one of its kind in the Western Hemisphere.
- The Steelpan was invented here.
- Fine-flavour Trinitario cocoa is also native to us, as is one of the world’s hottest peppers, the scorpion pepper.
- The world’s largest brain coral can be found off the coast of Tobago, while the north coast of Trinidad is the second largest nesting ground in the world for leatherback turtles.
- Our Pitch Lake is the largest natural asphalt deposit in the world and the Tobago Main Ridge Forest Reserve is the oldest Forest Reserve in the Western Hemisphere.
In the Trinidad and Tobago Pavilion:
- A celebration of musical innovation and virtual reality expeditions. Where industry meets culture and nature
- Play our national musical instrument, the steelpan. The steelpan was invented in Trinidad and Tobago and there are pan festivals throughout the year. You are invited to play this musical instrument, delve into its history, listen to musical soundscapes, view the latest innovations of the instrument, or win a steel pan kit.
- Experience Trinidad and Tobago’s Carnival. Carnival is a major cultural event! It features costumes made using century-old traditions. Several examples of these costumes are on display.
- Enjoy world famous Trinitario chocolate and exotic sauces. Trinidad and Tobago is home to the ultra-premium, fine flavoured Trinitario cocoa, which can be sampled in the Pavilion in the form of chocolates. We are also recognised for our Moruga Scorpion Pepper, identified as the hottest pepper in the world by the New Mexico State University’s Chili Pepper Institute. Enjoy a sample at the Pavilion.
- Virtual Reality tours of sites and attractions. Enjoy an immersive experience into Virtual Reality tours to sport and eco-adventure tourism sites on the island.
- Tobago’s World Heritage Site. In the Pavilion, view models of the Speyside Brain Coral, the largest live brain coral in the world; and the World Heritage Site, the Tobago Main Ridge Forest Reserve, highlighting the flora and fauna of the oldest Forest Reserve in the Western Hemisphere.
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Trinidad and Tobago Pavilion
Architect: Agyei Archer Ltd.
EXPO 2020 Dubai | Trinidad and Tobago