Diversity in harmony. The ‘Green Arch’ exhibits Belgian industrial, technological and scientific know-how, reflecting ‘belgitude’, a mix between Latin romanticism in art and Anglo-Saxon technical precision in industry.
Quick facts – Belgium:
- Three regions, one country. Belgium comprises Brussels Capital, the Flemish and Walloon regions – all are part of the pavilion.
- Expo 58, also known as the 1958 Brussels World’s Fair, was the first major World Expo registered under BIE after World War II.
- Central mobility hub. Belgium is at the heart of Europe. It houses our own important mobility hubs and thrives on bringing people places.
- Belgium, country of comics. Encounter some of our most popular comics and see the integral role they play in our heritage.
In the Belgium Pavilion:
- Belgium 2050 – our vision for the future. Belgium is moving ahead to create smart mobility systems for the future. At Expo 2020, Belgian thinkers and entrepreneurs are coming together to sketch their vision for the year 2050. Today’s creative innovations will provide the basis for a smart, safe and clean mobility future. Let’s work together to bring our vision to life! 500m² exhibition offering a glimpse into the future of Belgian mobility technologies and innovations.
- Waiting line. The waiting is part of the experience through interactive and informative exhibits. Upon entering you are ‘greeted’ by six famous Belgians who demonstrated extraordinary achievements in mobility. The space showcases the past, present and future of mobility.
- Typically Belgian F&B. All good things Belgium has to offer when it comes to food. And there’s a lot to choose from! You will be able to enjoy our brasserie with a large choice of traditional Belgian delicacies, our take away kiosk with fries and waffles, some snacks on the rooftop terrace, or buy our most delicious export product: chocolate from our Belgian Chocolate Shop. A brasserie and take away kiosk for your fix of Belgian specialties in a luxurious yet cozy setting. A rooftop terrace with a lounge area for you to enjoy the sunset and the view.
- BE-Bizz. A multifunctional, fully equipped business centre to organise all your events. Our business centre offers the possibility to organise events for around 130 people in a theatre/auditorium arrangement, 160 people in a cocktail setting and 100 people for seated dining.
- Gift shop. Our gift shop will be filled with beautiful and iconic Belgian products ranging from watches and jewellery to candles and decorative items.
Expo 2020 Dubai | Belgium Pavilion
EXPO 2020 Dubai – Belgium Pavilion
Architect: Assar / Vincent Callebaut